Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sushi

Why? Why did I buy the sushi knowing I would eat it, and knowing the calories?

While I was at the store today I walked by the sushi display, and for some dumb reason bought some. Even though I figured each piece was about 70 calories I proceeded to eat all 6 pieces. Why? After evaluating the wrapper I discovered I had just ingested 580 calories!

Why? Why? Why?

I did great for breakfast and fantastic for lunch. 450 calories for the day until the damn sushi.

Oh wait- it gets better. After coming to my senses about eating 600 calories of sushi I knew what had to be done. Oh yeah, purge. Purge fast. Kind of hard to do in the car when you are 40 minute away from home. Got home and cleaned the toilet (I have this little purging ritual that even if I have already cleaned the toilet twice that day that it must be cleaned before every purge), and then I tried and tried to get the vile calories out. Yes, I got some of the sushi out, but certainly not all of it. I am willing to say that conservatively I can figure 2-3 pieces were purged.

But my god! What a living hell. Yes, I am one of those people who drinks lots of water between bites when planning to purge. The food glides out in such a natural way that it's very efficient. There is nothing efficient or easy or anything remotely positive to say about throwing up something from almost an hour ago with minimal liquid ingestion. Now I understand why if this doesn't one day get better- that my teeth will erode. The acid taste was unimaginable. Not to mention that I know we all have our things we don't like to purge, but I will die before I repeat this as it was the grossest and most physically difficult purge ever.

Now I know some of you are thinking (and I don't blame you) something to the tune of "well duh," or "serves you right," or "I bet you won't binge again stupid." To all of these I have no response. I didn't want to eat 600 calories of sushi, and I have been around the calorie counting block too many times to play stupid. I didn't look at the calorie label first because subconsciously I didn't want to.  I have a Rubenesque  subconscious which is constantly sabotaging my conscience which desires to be waif-like.

So, fuck you sushi. I hate you and you're never coming back....I hope.

On a complete side note- I had never seen any of the Twilight movies until the past few days. We had dreadful weather, and I watched them on TV (except Eclipse). Wow, they are really good. I guess I understand all the hype now. Planning to watch Eclipse later today I hope. I totally get the whole team Edward and team Jacob thing now. Forgive me, but I practically do live under a rock with my current occupation. I'm not sure (as I have only seen the 1st two movies) which team I am for. Both guys are attractive in such opposite ways. I think for now I am team Edward because I really like Alice, and overall Edward has a way better family which has become more important to me as I have gotten older. Plus, even though he is thin he has awesome strength so even picking up a fat ass would be easy for him. Not to mention all the other pro Edward things. On the other hand- I know why Jacob only wears jean shorts all the time (something that is rather odd, yet delightful)...awesome body. Don't have to worry about Jacob's legs being skinnier then mine either, but not exactly wealthy so forget that Prada hand bag... Ha ha! Just kidding around, and welcoming you to my neurotic musings. All the same, the movies were great, and I am glad I have finally seen them. I bet Eclipse is great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment